The MPPDA Research Committee has many important functions within our organization. The primary function of this committee is to gather and analyze data to help characterize educational, professional, and clinical outcomes relevant to Med-Peds residency training. The Research Committee is available to the other MPPDA Committees as well as to the membership to answer questions that will help to further strengthen the discipline of Med-Peds and enhance the quality of the clinical training and patient care that we provide.
Within the MPPDA, the Research Committee is charged with each of the following:
- To create a supportive environment for collaborative research within MPPDA.
- To provide research support to other MPPDA Committees, as appropriate.
- To obtain, and assist MPPDA Committees to obtain IRB approval as appropriate for initiatives that may require this step in order to disseminate study results within the academic community.
- To work collaboratively with the MPPDA Executive Committee to develop, adapt, administer, analyze, and disseminate the results of the MPPDA Annual Membership survey.
- To work collaboratively with the MPPDA Executive Committee to develop, adapt, administer, analyze, and disseminate the results of the MPPDA Annual Meeting survey
- To develop a process to ensure that all surveys and research data requests of the MPPDA membership are vetted by the Committee, and where appropriate, incorporated into the annual survey to reduce survey fatigue amongst members.
- To attend the Research Committee meeting at the annual National MPPDA Meeting.
Click here for Research Committee Resources
The Members of the 2015-16 MPPDA Research Committee include the following:
Anoop Agrawal, MD, Baylor University College of Medicine
Michael Aronica, MD SUNY Buffalo
Alice Alexander, MD, University of Arkansas
Princess Dennar, MD, Tulane University
Jen Linsdtrom, MD, Albany Medical College
Siobhan O’Keefe, MD, East Carolina University
Steve Strausbaugh, MD, Case Western Reserve
Ronald Williams, MD, Pennsylvania State University
Sharon Wretzel, MD, Baystate Medical Center
John Stewart, MD, University of Kentucky
Dick Wardrop, MD, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
Rachel Caskey, MD, University of Illinois Chicago
Russ Kolarik, MD, University of South Carolina, Greenville
If you are interested in joining the MPPDA’s Research Committee, please contact committee Chair Anoop Agrawal If you have other comments or suggestions for this committee or the MPPDA, please comment below, or contact us at info@MPPDA.org.