Med-Peds Residency training provides our graduates with one of the most complete and diversified skill sets of any physician in the American health care system. Med-Peds physicians can pursue fellowship training in any of the adult medicine or pediatric specialties, provide comprehensive primary care across the age span – including services to youth with special health, work as hosptialists for adults and children, and much more. The goals of the recruitment committee are to educate medical students nationwide about the full range of training and career opportunities available in Med-Peds and to help residency programs succeed in finding highly qualified students who are an excellent match for Med-Peds and for their programs.
Within the MPPDA, the Recruitment committee is charged with each of the following:
- Communicating with organizations that interface with medical students (NMPRA, AAP-Section On Med-Peds) to coordinate all regional and national events with students.
- Communicate with membership regarding medical school visits to encourage diverse participation.
- Updating materials used for medical student recruitment every 2 years
- Keeping an active list of medical schools without Med-Peds programs. Developing and updating a list of class presidents and dean’s staff pertinent to each school and creating a timeline and strategy for visiting 5% of these schools annually.
- Attend Recruitment Committee Meeting at annual National MPPDA Meeting.
Recruitment Committee Resources:
The 2014 MPPDA Recruitment Committee includes the following members:
Jennifer Abeles, DO, SUNY Buffalo
Sam Borden, MD Baystate University
Stefanie Brown, MD University of Miami
Jessica Chee, University of Miami
Sybil Cineas, MD Brown University
Katie Diamond-Falk, MD Maine Medical Center
Michael Donnelly, MD Georgetown University
Ronald Magliola, MD Cleveland MetroHealth
John Solomonides, MD University of Massachusetts
John Stewart, MD University of Kentucky
Lisann Verrico, MD Albany Medical College
Laura Workman, MD University of Louisville
Tommy Cross, MD AAP Section of Med-Peds Recruitment Chair
If you are interested in joining the MPPDA’s Recruitment Committee, please contact committee chair Allen Friedland. If you have other comments or suggestions for this committee or the MPPDA, please comment below, or contact us at info@MPPDA.org.